Thursday 23 April 2009




This is my little flower bed at the back of our plot- I am hoping to grow cut flowers from seed to festoon the house in a festive style. At the moment there are just a few tulips coming up but I have lavender, scabious, cornflower, sunflower and cosmos all ready to plant when the nights warm up a bit.












This is the strawberry patch - its been weeded since the picture was taken! There are three varieties in there, I hope that they will give us a succession of fruit throughout the season















Our shed, Simon and his Dad created it from some old pallets and a few fence panels. We have a blackbird nesting in there at the moment which makes things tricky. Its nice though that she feels comfortable though.

Just alongside the shed you see our glut of strawberry plants, our coldframe donated by friends, Simon working away and behind him, our compost bin.















Our whole plot - There is a long way to go but we are getting there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The flower bed looks like it's going to be fantastic :)

I'd love something similiar, but I think I'm out of room and time this year...I might have a think for a patch next year though :)